Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Balls
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 - 4.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- crunchy or smooth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz chocolate candy coating
- 24 whole peanut halves (optional
- for decoration)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil, set aside.
Combine the softened cream cheese, 4 cups powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt in the large bowl of an electric mixer.
Mix the candy on medium speed for several minutes until the mixture is well-combined. If the dough appears to be too sticky, add the remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar and mix until it is somewhat stiff but still pliable and not dry.
Using a teaspoon or a candy scoop, for the candy into small balls (about 1” in diameter or less) and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Place the candy in the freezer or refrigerator to chill until set, about 20 minutes in the freezer or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Once you are ready to dip the balls, place the chocolate candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate using dipping tools or two forks. Return the dipped balls to the baking sheet, and while the chocolate is still wet, top each ball with a peanut half. Repeat with remaining candy.
Place the dipped candies in the refrigerator to set the chocolate. Store the balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- sugar free shake 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Mum's Easy Peasy Cranberry Orange... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Richy egg scrambles 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Dragon Satay 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Veggie Dip 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Super Simple Peanut Butter Cookies 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Balls 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.