25 Fourth of July recipes to test out now
Creative recipes and classic favorites for the perfect July 4th celebration!
© Just A Taste
American flag cookie cake
There's nothing more patriotic than this American flag cookie cake! This recipe uses seasonal blueberries and raspberries for the red and blue stars and stripes, and cream cheese frosting for the white background. Ready in under an hour, it's the perfect dessert for your July 4th party: place this stunner in the middle of the table and let your guests help themselves to slices of this all-American treat!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!