Manuela's Vanilla Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup regular sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz. dark chocolate
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Remember to take the eggs out of the fridge an hour before baking to allow them to come to room temperature. Put the butter, sugar and light brown sugar into a mixing bowl and beat for about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla extract. In another bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Roughly chop the chocolate into quite large chunks. You could use chocolate chips, but by using larger pieces the cookies will get even better. Tip in the chocolate chunks and the flour/oat mixture into the mixing bowl and stir to combine. I use a large ice cream scoop to arrange approx. 30 equally sized mounds onto lined baking trays. Bake in a 350 F (180 C) oven for about 12-14 minutes. I use the fan setting. Leave to cool for about 5-10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Oatmeal Cake 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sloppy Joes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dessert- Sticky Date Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Loaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Susan's Thimble Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- German Chocolate Cupcakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe