Mini Spinach/Artichoke Dip Cream Puffs (makes 36)
Basic Cream Puff meets Spinach Artichoke Dip! This clever twist brings you a delicious, flavorful appetizer that even spinach hater will love.
- Cream Puffs:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- Spinach Dip Filling
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup frozen
- chopped spinach
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 garlic clove
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425° F.
In a 2 quart sauce pan, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Using a wooden spoon beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop (or pipe) onto an ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart, using about 2 teaspoons of dough for each cream puff.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove puffs to a cooling rack.
While the cream puffs are baking, make spinach dip filling: in a medium microwave safe mixing bowl, stir all filling ingredients together. Microwave on high 2 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Cut approximately ½ inch off the top of each cream puff. Fill with Spinach Dip Filling and set the top back on.
Serve warm or room temperature.
Substitute 1 cup fresh chopped spinach, if you prefer.
You'll also love
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls 3.3/5 (254 Votes)
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.2/5 (236 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- Mini Pesto Burger Sliders 4.8/5 (35 Votes)
- Spinach pies 3.2/5 (181 Votes)
- Nem nuong: Vietnamese Pork... 4.1/5 (104 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato and Artichoke Tart 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- May's Artichoke and Spinach Dip 4.5/5 (26 Votes)