Scottish Cranachan Dessert
If you are looking for a non-everyday dessert and also like oatmeal and whiskey, then the Scottish Cranachan is it.
- 350 grams of raspberries, fresh
- 300 grams of whipped cream
- 100 grams of oat flakes
- 6 tablespoons of honey, liquid
- 2 tablespoons of Glen Grant The Major’s Reserve Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Adapted from justyumyum.com
First, roast the oat flakes in a pan until get get colored.
Then remove the flakes from the pan, set aside and allow to cool down.
Retain about 2 teaspoons of the roasted oat flakes for decoration.
Now whip the cream with the hand mixer.
Then fold honey, whisky and the roasted oatmeal in the whipped cream.
Mash 200 grams of raspberries and quickly fold in the cream. Important: When mashing, keep some of the raspberries intact.
Spread a few of the remaining raspberries on the bottom of each glas.
Now spread the cream on the raspberries, put some raspberries in between and cover again with cream.
Finally, garnish with a raspberry.
For blending well, just put it at a cool place for a few hours.
You'll also love
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups 3/5 (13 Votes)
- Steak Casserole 3.2/5 (148 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts 3.2/5 (173 Votes)
- Grilled Artichokes with Garlic... 3/5 (10 Votes)
- Classic White Bread 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Flavored Fruit Bars 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Apple Jacked 2.9/5 (24 Votes)
- MANGO SPRING ROLLS 2.9/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
How to make fast-food style mayonnaise in a pinch!