Sesame recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ready to try these quick and tasty smashed potato cakes?
- 5 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Sour cream
- Boil and drain the potatoes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes with parsley, minced garlic, cilantro, shredded cheese and milk.
- Mash the mixture thoroughly.
- Shape into palm-sized balls, then flatten on a sheet pan
- Put in oven for 20 min at 355° F
- Layer, spreading generously with sour cream
- Garnish, and enjoy!
Top rated Sesame recipes
Sesame Chicken Stick
Marinate the chicken
- 1) Chicken Breast
- 2) 1 tbsp of Soya Sauce
- 3) 2 tbsp of Chilli Sauce
- 4) 2 tbsp of Yogurt
- 5) 1 tsp of Salt
- 6) 1 tsp of Curry Powder
- 7) 2 Cup of Crushed Corn Crumbs
- 8) 2 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
This Butter-Free Sesame Tea Cake is Your New Brunch Staple
This slightly sweet sesame seed cake is butter-free and easy to make! It's the perfect afternoon snack or brunch treat that can be prepared ahead.
Ellu poornam, Kolukkattai & Ulunthu pooranam, Kolukkattai
Ellu Poornam: Dry roast sesame seeds
- 1. For Ellu Poornam:
- Sesame seeds (black or white) - 1 cup...If black, roast and rub it in a cloth and deskin it.
- Jaggery - 1 1/2 cup
- Elachi - 1 teaspoon
- 2. For Ulunthu poornam
- Vadai maavu- Made with soaked urad dal, chillies, salt ground to a fine paste.
- Oil, mustard seeds, split urad dal, curry leaves for sauteeing.
- 3. For kolukkattai:
- Raw rice: rinsed in water and dried...Grind it.
- Salt and gingely Oil.
Teriyaki Sesame Chicken
Put 2 pieces of chicken breasts in a freezer bag
- 2 pieces boneless/skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or according to taste - optional
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Sesame Oil Wings
Combine the water, soya sauce, crushed garlic, spring onions, and sesame oil with the chicken wings
- 1) Chicken Wings
- 2) 1 1/4 Cups of Water
- 3) 1/2 Cup of Soya Sauce
- 4) 1 Crushed Garlic
- 5) Spring Onion
- 6) Sesame Oil