Sesame recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Top rated Sesame recipes
Sesame Chicken Stick
Marinate the chicken
- 1) Chicken Breast
- 2) 1 tbsp of Soya Sauce
- 3) 2 tbsp of Chilli Sauce
- 4) 2 tbsp of Yogurt
- 5) 1 tsp of Salt
- 6) 1 tsp of Curry Powder
- 7) 2 Cup of Crushed Corn Crumbs
- 8) 2 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
From Bulgogi to Bibimbap: 10 Mouthwatering Korean Recipes
Korean cuisine is gradually conquering the world with its wonderful aromas and unique flavor combinations. Here are 11 unbeatably delicious recipes for you to try.
Ellu poornam, Kolukkattai & Ulunthu pooranam, Kolukkattai
Ellu Poornam: Dry roast sesame seeds
- 1. For Ellu Poornam:
- Sesame seeds (black or white) - 1 cup...If black, roast and rub it in a cloth and deskin it.
- Jaggery - 1 1/2 cup
- Elachi - 1 teaspoon
- 2. For Ulunthu poornam
- Vadai maavu- Made with soaked urad dal, chillies, salt ground to a fine paste.
- Oil, mustard seeds, split urad dal, curry leaves for sauteeing.
- 3. For kolukkattai:
- Raw rice: rinsed in water and dried...Grind it.
- Salt and gingely Oil.
This Butter-Free Sesame Tea Cake is Your New Brunch Staple
This slightly sweet sesame seed cake is butter-free and easy to make! It's the perfect afternoon snack or brunch treat that can be prepared ahead.
Teriyaki Sesame Chicken
Put 2 pieces of chicken breasts in a freezer bag
- 2 pieces boneless/skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or according to taste - optional
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Sesame Oil Wings
Combine the water, soya sauce, crushed garlic, spring onions, and sesame oil with the chicken wings
- 1) Chicken Wings
- 2) 1 1/4 Cups of Water
- 3) 1/2 Cup of Soya Sauce
- 4) 1 Crushed Garlic
- 5) Spring Onion
- 6) Sesame Oil