Recipes for turkey gravy - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Turkey gravy recipes
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
in a medium, heavy pot, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- giblets, liver and neck from 1 turkey
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/3 cup mined celery
- 1/3 cup peeled and minced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 tsp flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Maple Brined Turkey Breast with Mushroom Pan Gravy
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
combine first 8 ingredients in a large Dutch oven
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 (2 lb) boneless turkey breast halves
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cups finely chopped crimini mushrooms
- 4 cups fat free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 chilled butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
Southwestern Roasted Turkey with Pan Gravy
Being a lover of Southwestern style foods, and I cook turkey every couple months, this recipe just happened over ab...
- 8 large heads garlic
- 3 large dried ancho chilies
- 3 red jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup walnut, corn, or other oil
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pure cocoa powder
- 1 lime
- Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 20 to 25 pound turkey
- 1 lime cut in half
- 1 Anaheim chili pepper cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 stalk celery cut in half
- 1 carrot cut in half
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 1 sprig parsley
- 3 tablespoons same oil as above
- 3 pounds turkey neck, wings and giblets cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 coarse chopped yellow onion
- 1 coarse chopped red onion
- 3 stalks coarse chopped celery
- 3 coarse chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 coarse chopped Anaheim chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 8 cups homemade or canned turkey broth
- 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 to 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (if needed)
- Coarse kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste