Vichyssoise recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Vichyssoise recipes
Potato and Leek Soup
Vichyssoise it sounds so fancy, but it’s really just a tasty, filling, and inexpensive soup that only has 5 prima...
- 6-10 potatoes (depending on size)
- peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 8 leeks
- thoroughly washed and sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- roughly chopped
- 2 carrots
- 1-2 chopped yellow onions
- Cooking oil to sauté
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 – 1 ½ quarts chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
Combine the ingredients in the food processor to make a very smooth soup
- 1 can cream of potato
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- about 1./4 onion
- either grated or finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups light cream (Hale cream or half and half or if you prefer
- milk pepper to taste fresh chives