Iconic Restaurants from Literature that Still Exist
Ever wish the book you were reading would come to life? Well these literary restaurants and bars are 100% real.
© Instagram — @_tfl_parmissk
The Lord of the Rings: The Green Dragon, New Zealand
J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle Earth may be imaginary, but this Shire watering hole is totally real. You'll have to travel all the way to New Zealand's North Island to find the fictional-turned-real-life village of Hobbiton, complete with Frodo, Merry, Pippin and Took's favorite local pub. Here, you can indulge in classic fare, including beef and ale pie and ploughman sandwiches, all washed down with a cold pint of ale.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.