Around The World in 80 Cheeses
Want to expand your cheesy horizons? Check out these 80 cheeses from around the world to put on your foodie bucket list!
© Instagram - @culturecheese
Sirene - Bulgaria
The word "sirene" has a lot of meanings, although we're not talking about the mythical female creatures from Greek mythology here but CHEESE! Sirene is from the family of feta, and although it originates in Bulgaria, it's popular all throughout Southeastern Europe. Briny, crumbly and tangy with citrusy notes, you should try it in something like this Shopska salad, made with tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and a generous smattering of Sirene to finish.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!