Black bean salad recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Black bean salad recipes
Southwestern Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
A relatively simple salad that came about when a friend gave me a box of red quinoa
- 1 cup well rinsed red quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chipotle paste or powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup walnut or other nut oil
- Coarse kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 6 thin sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup fine chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fine chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fine chopped Anaheim chili pepper
- 1/4 cup fine chopped fresh herbs
Dice chicken. Mix dressing ingredients together and add chicken
- Large bowl of lettuce
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 fourth cup chopped hot peppers
- lime wedges
- 4 tbsps ranch dressing
- 2 tbsps sour cream
- 1 half tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 half tsp lime juice
- 1 half tsp chili powder
- 2 dashes onion powder
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 2 dashes cumin