Cherry tomatoes and caramelized sesame seeds
By Biscottine , blog La cuisine de Biscottine
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- scant 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash and dry cherry tomatoes and then plant a toothpick in the middle of each.
Then put the sugar in a small pan and let heat until an amber caramel.
Take the cherry tomatoes by the toothpick and dip them quickly in caramel. Plunge them immediately into the sesame seeds until the caramel hardens. Reserve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.