Potato Soufflée. Discover our recipe.
- 8 potatoes Doréoc
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 2/3 cup grated cheese
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Put the potatoes with their skins for 15 to 20 minutes in steam or in boiling salted water.
Preheat oven to 425 F
Once cooked, cut a top off each potato then drain them carefully. Remove the flesh, keeping the peels intact. Mix the crushed flesh in a bowl with the egg yolks, cream, butter, cheese, the sprigs of thyme, salt and pepper.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff, mix with the fill. Stuff potatoes with filling, put them in a baking dish 10 minutes in the oven preheated to 425F. The potatoes should swell slightly as soufflés. Serve hot.
If you have a little extra potato mixture, put the rest to cook in buttered ramekins.
You'll also love
- Dannielle's Twice Baked Potatoes 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Rotini 3.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon wrapped steak with cheese 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Potatoes Stuffed with Cheese 3.5/5 (83 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Parmesan shortbread with confit of... 3/5 (163 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potatoes 2.2/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!