Weekend Potato Salad
- 6-8 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 5 hard boiled eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put a LARGE pot of water up to boil.
Meanwhile...chop onion, celery, and hard boiled eggs and set aside.
Once pot is boiling, add potatoes (with skin on) and boil until fork tender.
Remove potatoes from water and let sit on paper towels until they are cool enough to handle, but NOT cold.
Remove potato peels with fingers and discard, they should come off easily. Cut potatoes into large pieces and place in large bowl.
While potatoes are still warm, add onions, celery and eggs to potatoes, and gently fold in. GENEROUSLY salt and pepper potatoes.
Combine mayonnaise and sour cream, add to potatoes. Stir to coat.
(If more is needed, just remember to add twice as much mayonnaise as sour cream)
Add lemon juice, stir gently.
Cover and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Cheese Sauce (using dry milk) 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Duck breast with Honey Sauce,... 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Taiwanese Fried Rice 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Canned Hot Peppers 3.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Pani for pani puri 2.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Italian Farfalle salad 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Salad Nicoise 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Bell Pepper Pasta Salad 3.2/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.