Bourbon Salted Toffee
- 1/2 lb miniature pretzels
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Bourbon Smoked Vanilla Sugar
- 4 TBS bourbon
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Line an 11x17 baking sheet with aluminum or parchment. Cover the sheet with broken pretzel bits and set your oven to 375.
In a sauce pan, melt the butter, sugar, and bourbon together on medium. After the mixture begins to simmer, let it simmer for 3 minutes without stirring it. Immediately pour the mixture onto the pretzels. If the caramel doesn't cover the entire baking sheet, don't worry. Bake the pretzels and caramel for five minutes. After you take the sheet out, immediately sprinkle the chocolate on top of the caramel. Using a spoon, gently spread the chocolate. Sprinkle the chocolate with Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt. Let it sit until the chocolate hardens and break apart the toffee.
You'll also love
- Dreamy Chocolate Dessert 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Pastry with Bean Paste 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Sorghum Fried Cornbread 2.8/5 (190 Votes)
- Pecan Balls 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate- and Peppermint-Coated... 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Madre's Toffee 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Toffee Bark 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Bourbon Smoked Salt Plantains 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.