"Fluffy" Oat Bran
This is the perfect comfort food for when it's chilly outside... it's fluffy & has a bit of added protein to it. Adding egg whites & chia also makes it a bit more voluminous.
- 1/4 c oat bran
- 3/4 c water
- 2 egg whites
- dash of sea salt (optional)
- 3 drops liquid stevia (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp coconut extract (or vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp black chia seeds (sometimes I add them
- sometimes I don’t)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- fresh fruit toppings
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 1mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine oat bran, water, & sea salt in a bowl. Microwave about 1 minute, then stir.
Add the egg whites, chia seeds, extract, & sweetener. Mix, & microwave another 40 seconds or so.
Stir to break up egg whites & microwave another 25 seconds or so, until it’s thick & gets cake-like. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken up & cool down.
Add PB & desired fruit toppings.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn French toast recipe 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Fudge Cupcakes with Peanut Butter... 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Quick Beef Stew 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Sydney's Spice bread 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- No Bake Cookies (Pooh Pooh Cookies) 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- potato croquettes 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chia Overnight Oats 2.6/5 (139 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?