"Fluffy" Oat Bran
This is the perfect comfort food for when it's chilly outside... it's fluffy & has a bit of added protein to it. Adding egg whites & chia also makes it a bit more voluminous.
- 1/4 c oat bran
- 3/4 c water
- 2 egg whites
- dash of sea salt (optional)
- 3 drops liquid stevia (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp coconut extract (or vanilla, PB, etc)
- 1/2 tbsp black chia seeds (sometimes I add them, sometimes I don’t)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- fresh fruit toppings
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 1mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine oat bran, water, & sea salt in a bowl. Microwave about 1 minute, then stir.
Add the egg whites, chia seeds, extract, & sweetener. Mix, & microwave another 40 seconds or so.
Stir to break up egg whites & microwave another 25 seconds or so, until it’s thick & gets cake-like. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken up & cool down.
Add PB & desired fruit toppings.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Simply Perfect Peanut Butter Fudge 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sea Salted Hot Chocolate 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Winter Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Squares 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- White Fondant 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Boterkoek 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?