Sea Salted Hot Chocolate
This rich, chocolatey recipe is perfect for winter: it combines white and dark chocolate with sea salt for the perfect salty-sweet combination!
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Good Quality Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 TSP Sea Salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 3mins
Cost Average budget
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Pulse in a blender or food processor until finely ground.
2. Warm 1 cup milk on the stovetop on low-medium heat. When warmed, add 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix. Top with homemade whipped cream.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!