Chicken Tortilla Soup
The best chicken tortilla soup in the world. For sure. ^ . ^
Freezer friendly, just don't add the cheese, the sour cream, or the tortilla strips.
- 3 shredded Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 16 oz frozen corn
- 14 oz can black beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 oz corn tortilla strips
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
1. Brown chicken in oil over med-high heat in the bottom of a large pot for about 9-10 minutes. Shred chicken and keep the chicken in the pot. Add all ingredients to the pot omitting the cheese, sour cream, and tortilla strips. Simmer for around 30-45 minutes for the best flavor.
2. Serve soup over the tortilla strips and top with cheese and sour cream.
You'll also love
- Roast Chicken; Low and Slow 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- chicken thighs en papillotte 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Tomato Gazpacho with Sardines 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Soup with Orzo 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Tortilla egg and cheese 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.