A Hearty baked bean dish big enough to be a meal by themselves !
- 5 Lb ground beef
- 6 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 3 Bell peppers finely diced
- 1 Red onion finely diced
- 2 bottles of Sweet baby ray's "sweet heat" bbq sauce
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 family sized cans of Bush's Bourbon and brown sugar baked beans
- 2 cans of dark red kidney beans
- 2 tbsp of tony sachers cajun seasoning
- 4 cups of Colby jack shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup of Jack Daniels no 7 mustard
- 1/2 cup of Jack Daniels NO 7
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 4 tbsp of caribbean hot pepper sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
Dice peppers and onion. Add to ground beef and brown in cast iron skillet with all seasonings.
As burger begins to brown add red wine and cover and let simmer. While simmering, cook beans with all the other ingredients. When beans start to bubble turn off heat and remove.
Mix beans and burger together in casserole dish. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. cover top of beans liberaly with colby jack shredded cheese. Bake in oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy !
When burger is done do not drain. Add entire mix to beans and blend.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We can't wait to serve these delicious cheesy bacon cups at our next brunch!