Steak Salad with Creamy Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (1 pound) boneless sirloin steak
- trimmed (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 4 (1 oz) slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 cup halved and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 (16 oz) bag classic iceberg salad mix
- 1/2 cup fat free ranch dressing
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
heat non stick grill pan over medium high heat. Preheat broiler
to prepare steak, combine the first 5 ingredients; rub evenly over both sides of steak. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Cook steak 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan, let stand 5 minutes. cut steak diagonally across grain into think slices.
While steak stands, prepare salad. Place bread slices on baking sheet. broil 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Rub cut sides of garlic halves over bread slices. Cut bread into cubes. Combine bread cubes, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and lettuce into a large bowl.
Add dressing, tossing gently to coat. divide among 4 plates, top with steak.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.