Homemade Steak Subs / Sandwiches
By maryjo young
Chopped roast beef subs with sautee onions and peppers and motzz.cheese.
- 2 lbs. Of desired roast beef
- fresh sub rolls
- 3-4 sm.cooking onions
- 2 grn. Or rd. Peppers
- motzz. Cheese slices
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pre- heat oven /broiler.open 4 sub rolls on a cookie sheet.
Chop or slice onions and peppers as desired. Put onions and peppers into a frying pan and a small dab of oil or butter to waiter to desired consistancy.
Chop roast beef into semi - small squares. DO NOT COOK THE ROAST BEEF.
Next lay roast beef into sub rolls. Then add desired amt. Of peppers and onions then top with motzz cheese.
Place open faced subs into oven or broiler and heat unroll cheese is melted. Remove and serve.
Add miracle whip for extra flavor to suns and, or aujus for dipping.
You'll also love
- MINI MEATLOAVES 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- PERFECT TUNA CASSEROLE 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- eggs cheese toast 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Homemade Mac & Cheese 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Grilled Fajitas 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Grilled Dark Chocolate Sandwiches 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Grilled Steak with Citrus Chile... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.