Dark Chocolate-Cherry Cabernet Brownies
This recipe is perfect for a dinner date where you're cooking and you want to impress. I love the blend of cherry and dark chocolate, and the Cabernet Sauvignon marries beautifully with the flavor profile.
This recipe is perfect for a dinner date where you're cooking and you want to impress.
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon wine
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease bottom of a 13×9-inch baking pan with butter or shortening. Set aside.
In small saucepan, combine dried cherries and 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Set aside.
In medium saucepan, stir 3/4 cup butter and baking chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Whisk in sugar. Then add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir dry mixture into chocolate mixture until combined. Fold in cherries and wine mixture.
Spread batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until sides pull away from the pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into 24 bars.
Chocolate scorches easily, so don’t be tempted to increase the heat in order to speed the melting process.
You'll also love
- Chocolate and Reese® Milk Shake 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Crispy Cherry Rice Treats 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Italian Florentine Cookies 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Cherry Cloud 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Yummy Brownies 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Brownie in a Mug 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Dark Chocolate Sandwiches 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Fondant au Chocolat (Brownies) 4/5 (58 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!