- 2 slices of whole wheat bread, buttered on one side
- 2 slices of cheese
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 2 slices of lettuce
- 1 slice of tomato
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Layer it this way for the best results: buttered bread, slice of cheese, lettuce, tomato, bacon, lettuce, cheese, buttered bread. Be sure that the butter is facing out, so the bread will not stick to the panini maker.
Slice in half and serve warm!
You'll also love
- WHOLE WHEAT & FLAX BREAD for... 4/5 (114 Votes)
- Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Easiest Italian Chicken Bake 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Weiskraut 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Mom's Potato Salad 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Ham Barbeque 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Mushroom, Tomato, and Mozzarella... 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Breakfast Sandwiches 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.