Cream Cheese Squares
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350, grease a 9x13 inch pan
Press one can of the crescent rolls into the bottom of the prepared pan.
mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread over the crescent layer
Lay the second can of crescent rolls on top of the cream cheese layer. Do not press down.
Pour the melted margarine over the entire pan.
Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and top is crisp
You'll also love
- Classic Cherry Blackberry Pie 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Chocolate sponge cake with gnash 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Table and Chairs Yorkshire Pudding 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Baked Mac & Cheese with Cornbread... 4.1/5 (77 Votes)
- Cinnamon Cookies 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Beefy Skillet Lasagna 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Veggie Gratin 4.3/5 (73 Votes)
- Egg Plant Squares 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.