Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 pounds assorted chicken pieces such as breasts, thighs, wings, and drumsticks
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir ketchup and brown sugar into melted butter, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Whisk cornstarch into vinegar until smooth; pour into pan. Whisk constantly and add salt, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce to mixture; bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir pineapple into sauce.
Arrange chicken pieces in a 9x13-inch baking dish; pour pineapple sauce over chicken.
Bake until sauce is bubbling, chicken is browned, and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
You'll also love
- Mom's Pineapple Squares 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Thai Peanut Turkey Burger 3.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Scratch Mac & Cheese 3.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken 3.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Baked Fried Chicken with Paprika 3/5 (311 Votes)
- Simple Tasty Chicken Enchiladas 3.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Copycat King’s Hawaiian Rolls 3.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Hawaiian Chicken 3.1/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.