- 1 (5-ounce) package chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1 large egg yolk $
- 4 cups 1% low-fat chocolate milk $
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- chopped $
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping
- thawed (optional)
- Semisweet chocolate shavings (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add chopped chocolate and vanilla, stirring with a whisk until chocolate melts. Cool 5 minutes.
Spoon 1/2 cup pudding into each of 8 individual serving bowls. Serve warm, or cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap, and chill thoroughly. Top each serving with whipped topping, if desired; sprinkle with chocolate shavings, if desired.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Fudge 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- Blueberry Cake 4/5 (76 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Chili 4.2/5 (62 Votes)
- Blueberry Duff (Boiled Blueberry... 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- Sweet Row Bread – with 65°C... 4/5 (111 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Glazed Brownies 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Jiffy Corn Pudding 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Sweet Marie Bars 3.8/5 (62 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!