Mom's Apple Cake with her speacil sauce,,,soooo good anytime of the year....
Buy any white cake mix,,sponge cake mix by far better,,cook the cake as per instructions,,,do not forget to add the apple slices to the mix ( not to thin,nor too thick , and not a whole too many.
- White or Sponge cake.( sponge cake better )
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbs corn starch
- Splash vanilla
- 4 the butter
- 3/4 water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix cake add apples,bake..let cool
In saucepan melt butter + brown sugar keep stirring on med heat once complete, stir into boiling water,,,keep string..take half or so cup of the sauce mix corn starch in the cup until smooth,,,then mix into pot of boiling water,,,,keep storing to prevent it fr.burning......you make the sauce to your liking...cut the cake, place into a bowl and u can either drizzle or pour it over the cake,,,always serve warm..
So flipping good and addicting..
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.