Baked Potato Wedges with Potato Omelette
- For Potato Wedges
- Potatoes 6 medium
- Saltto taste
- Garlic,chopped 4-6 cloves
- Mixed herbs 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil 6 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- For Potato Omelette
- Potatoes,grated 5-6 large
- Olive oil 8 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Onion 1 medium
- Tomato 1 medium
- Spring onion greens 1-2 stalks
- Processed cheese grated 1 cup
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
For Potato Wedges
Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut potatoes into wedges without removing the skin. Blanch in hot salted water. Drain into a bowl.
Add salt, garlic, mixed herbs, red chilli powder, four tablespoons olive oil and mix. Add lemon juice and mix.
Place the wedges on a greased tray.
Drizzle the remaining olive oil over them.Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for fifteen to twenty minutes. Serve hot.
For Potato Omelette
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non stick pan. Add quarter of the grated potato and spread into a fairly thick and even layer. Sprinkle a little salt and let it cook on low heat. Chop onion, tomato and spring onion greens. Drizzle a little olive oil over the potatoes and when the underside is lightly browned, flip it over carefully and cook. Place a quarter of the onion-tomato mixture in the centre and sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over. When the cheese begins to melt, fold one side over the topping and cook till golden. Make more omelettes similarly. Serve hot immediately.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Crusted Baked Potatoes 4/5 (23 Votes)
- goat cheese pastry 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Goat Cheese and Fig Skewers 3.8/5 (66 Votes)
- Omelette with Mashed Potato Flakes 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Asparagus Omelet 3.8/5 (28 Votes)
- Spanish Corn cakes with tomato and... 3.6/5 (100 Votes)
- Salmon PinWheels 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Potato Red Onion Tortilla Pie 3/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!