Impossibly Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This pot pie couldn't be easier. It’s loaded with chicken and vegetables in a creamy sauce and baked under an impossibly easy crust.
- 1 2/3 cups Green Giant® Valley Fresh SteamersTM frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Mix vegetables, chicken and soup in ungreased glass pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches.
2. Stir together remaining ingredients with fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 6 servings
Add more flavor by stirring 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite dried herb into the veggie mixture. Oregano, basil, thyme and dill weed are all great choices.
Have leftovers from another meal? You can substitute leftover turkey for the chicken and the same amount of cooked vegetables for the thawed frozen vegetables, if you like.
Change the flavor by using another variety of condensed creamy soup.
Savory Impossibly Easy Pies can be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking. You may need to bake a bit longer than the recipe directs since you’ll be starting with a cold pie. Watch carefully for doneness.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!