Spinach Chicken Penne
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- Penne pasta for two servings
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- Half yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- Parmesan Romano cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Boil water. In skillet, put chicken breasts with 1 tbsp olive oil. Squeeze lemon over chicken and lightly salt. Cook 4-6 minutes on each side over medium to high heat. In another skillet, saute onions in 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic. Add pasta to water, and slice chicken once cooked. In pot, add spinach and water over medium to high heat until soft. Add chicken to other skillet. Add half & half. Strain noodles and spinach and combine into pot. Add cooked ingredients to noodles and spinach on low heat. Mix in herbs and cheeses. Stir well for 3-5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Manicotti 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Veggie Pasta 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Spaghetti 2/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu 2/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken - with Chips Casserole 2/5 (2 Votes)
- Soba Noodles Soup w/ Spinach and... 2.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken on Linguine 1.3/5 (50 Votes)
- 2 Step Creamy Chicken and Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Review this recipe