A tasty dessert square.
- Shortbread Base:
- ¾ cups flour
- ½ cup butter
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- Caramel Filling:
- 1 can Eagle Brand Milk
- 4 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 oz. semi-sweet choc.chips
- 1 cup nut pieces (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix shortbread base ingredients.
Spread in 11X16” pan. Bake 25 minutes.
Combine the caramel filling ingredients in pan.
Heat gently until sugar is melted. Bring to a boil, and boil gently for 7 minutes.
Stir and add vanilla. Pour on top of shortbread base. Cool.
Melt chocolate chips. Pour on top of caramel layer. Add chopped nuts if desired.
Cool and cut into squares.
You'll also love
- Low-Carb Simple PB Cookies 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD 2.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Fritters 2.5/5 (186 Votes)
- Onion pakoda 2.7/5 (4 Votes)
- Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip... 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Mom's aloo tikian with chole... 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Crispy Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars 3/5 (30 Votes)
- Shortbread 3/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.