- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Brown Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
In small bowl stir flour, baking powder, and salt together; set aside. In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
Pour into greased 9-inch square pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tests done with toothpick.
While cake is baking make sauce. In saucepan, over low heat, melt butter. Blend in flour, brown sugar, and salt. Gradually stir in water and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
You'll also love
- Grammy's pumpkin pie/ custards 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Fried bologna and onions 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cookies- So Easy 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Berry Cake with White Chocolate 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Triple Orange Poke Cake 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Corn Pudding 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Gaveyard dirt 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cottage Pudding 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!