An amazing French pastry
- 15 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 20 cl of heavy cream
- 200g of grated dark chocolate
- For the cream puff batter (pate a choux)
- 100g of butter cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 150g of flour
- 3 eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. To prepare the cream puff batter, put 30cl of water into a small pot, add the butter, sugar and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil then take off the heat immediately.
Add the flour all at once and mix everything together with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs one by one, mixing vigorously with the spoon after each one. The dough should become very elastic.
Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper. Using a piping bag, make 15 small circles, and then put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Once cooked, transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil, then take off the heat and add the grated chocolate.
Cut eat cream puff in half, fill with one scoop of ice cream, and top with the creamy chocolate mix.
You can replace the ice cream with custard or whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Crouqembouche with Lemon & Orange... 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Creme Puff Cake 4.2/5 (67 Votes)
- Strawberries and White Chocolate... 4.8/5 (70 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE CREAM PUFFS 3.9/5 (224 Votes)
- Eclair Icebox Cake 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Charlotte's Thumbprints 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- vanilla pineapple pie 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Gluten Free Bread-In-A-Cup 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe