Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 stuck unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses 1 egg 1 to 2 tablespoons water 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the butter, ginger, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and molasses in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it becomes light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients until mixed. Add egg, then add water only as needed.Add the chocolate chips and stir just until combined. Roll the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and then roll in granulated sugar, and place 1-inch apart on the baking sheet. Bake the cookies until cracks begin to form on the top, about 15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
- gingerbread house 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Cranberry Christmas... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Chewy Gingerbread Cookies 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grandma Barbie's Gingerbread... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Valentine's Day Sweetheart Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Tea Drops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Breadsticks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cooked apples 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!