Crock Pot Pepper Steak
Delicious Crock Pot Pepper Steak Perfect For A Fall Or Winter Day.
- 2 pounds sliced steak
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 5 whole tomatoes cut into eighths
- 3 large green bell peppers cut into strips
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 ¼ tablespoons corn starch
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 300mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from recipekitchen.net
Brown beef in oil in skillet. Transfer to slow cooker.
In a separate bowl, combine soy sauce, onions, garlic, sugar, pepper, and ginger. Pour over beef.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Add tomatoes and peppers. Cook for 30 minutes longer.
Combine cold water and cornstarch and stir into slow cooker. Cook on high until thickened.
Serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Autumn Salad 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Austrian Potato Soup with chives 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Dinner Rolls - Bread machine 4.2/5 (107 Votes)
- Starlight Brownie Pie with... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- easy ice cream sandwiches 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Summer Salad with Dried... 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Soup 4.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Lamb Fettuccine with fresh egg... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!