Fruit and Nut Cereal Bar
Can you believe it's almost back to school time!? Tonight I'm sharing my Fruit and Nut Cereal Bars that are perfect for a lunch box or after school treat. Or a full grown adult with no kids
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups fruity-o-shaped cereal (I used Cascadian Farms, but you could use whatever. Even Cheerios!)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup greek yogurt chips (optional) or white chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Line a 9x9 pan with parchment and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until they are melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and vanilla.
Pour the cereal into the melted marshmallow and stir to coat.
Add in dried cherries and almonds and stir to combine.
Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
Place the pan in the refrigerator to allow the white chocolate to set, about 20 minutes.
Melt the greek yogurt chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each until melted.
Cut into bars and dip the bottom of each bar into the greek yogurt chips. Sit on parchment paper to set up. Once all of the bars are dipped, drizzle more of the greek yogurt on top, if desired.
Store in an airtight container at room temp for up to 5 days.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.7/5 (92 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Spinach Brown Rice Cereal! 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Shredded Carrots with Dried Fruit 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Fruit Pops for kids! 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- rice cereal 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- mini Dessert Pizza 4/5 (8 Votes)