The best lunch for kids ideas - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.
Top rated Lunch for kids recipes
By urbandomesticdiva, the urban domestic diva
These are wonderful little pancakes I created on our vacation in Michigan
- 2 medium zucchini (washed and shredded)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sour cream (optional for garnish)
Kid Friendly Sushi
Boil 1 cup of white rice for 30 minutes
- White rice, Turkey Lunch meat
Fruit and Nut Cereal Bar
By My Modern Cookery, My Modern Cookery
Can you believe it's almost back to school time!? Tonight I'm sharing my Fruit and Nut Cereal Bars that are perfec...
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups fruity-o-shaped cereal (I used Cascadian Farms, but you could use whatever. Even Cheerios!)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup greek yogurt chips (optional) or white chocolate chips