The best lunch for kids ideas - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Lunch for kids recipes
By urbandomesticdiva, the urban domestic diva
These are wonderful little pancakes I created on our vacation in Michigan
- 2 medium zucchini (washed and shredded)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sour cream (optional for garnish)
Kid Friendly Sushi
Boil 1 cup of white rice for 30 minutes
- White rice
- Turkey Lunch meat
Fruit and Nut Cereal Bar
By My Modern Cookery, My Modern Cookery
Can you believe it's almost back to school time!? Tonight I'm sharing my Fruit and Nut Cereal Bars that are perfec...
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups fruity-o-shaped cereal (I used Cascadian Farms
- but you could use whatever. Even Cheerios!)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup greek yogurt chips (optional) or white chocolate chips