The best lunch for kids ideas - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Lunch for kids recipes
By urbandomesticdiva, the urban domestic diva
These are wonderful little pancakes I created on our vacation in Michigan
- 2 medium zucchini (washed and shredded)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sour cream (optional for garnish)
Kid Friendly Sushi
Boil 1 cup of white rice for 30 minutes
- White rice, Turkey Lunch meat
Fruit and Nut Cereal Bar
By My Modern Cookery, My Modern Cookery
Can you believe it's almost back to school time!? Tonight I'm sharing my Fruit and Nut Cereal Bars that are perfec...
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups fruity-o-shaped cereal (I used Cascadian Farms, but you could use whatever. Even Cheerios!)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup greek yogurt chips (optional) or white chocolate chips