Peach Tart with Rosemary
By Sylvie Lopez
- - 5 Peaches
- - 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- - 1 sprig of rosemary
- - 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- - 1 tablespoon of sugar
- - 1 lemon
- - 2 1/2 cups flour
- - 1 stick of cold butter
- - 1/3 cup sugar
- - 2 egg yolks
- - 1 tablespoon ice water
- - A pinch of salt
- - Grated lemon zest (optional)
- - Grated orange zest (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1h before Prepare pastry.
In the bowl of a mixer, add flour, salt, sugar and cold butter, diced. Blend 10 seconds: you will get a sandy mixture. Add the zest, egg yolks, cold water. Mix 20 to 30 seconds. At this point the dough is still not fully combined. Pour on the work plan, and quickly gather by hand, pressing hard. Form a ball and flatten lightly.
Note: it is far from a pastry or pizza dough: when you work with this sandy dough it will fall apart slightly... This is perfectly normal. Do not attempt to obtain a smooth and elastic texture.
Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 1 hour in refrigerator. Dough out of the fridge is very hard and difficult to work. Hint: cut by hand in 7 or 8 large pieces, then assemble and spread in the tart or pie pan.
Preheat oven to 410 °.
In a bowl mix the ground almonds and sugar. Sprinkle the dough with this mixture. Cut lemon into thin slices and arrange on the bed of ground almonds. Peel peaches, cut into 8 and place over pie. Sprinkle chopped rosemary and pine nuts. Bake 20 minutes at 410 °.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!