Tunisian Octopus Salad
- For 4 people:
- 3.5 oz chickpeas
- 1 octopus
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 lemons
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- fresh cilantro
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Preparing the octopus:
- Wash and remove the inedible parts (beak and eyes)
- Separate the head of the tentacles
- Bake 35 minutes octopus (cold start) in a saucepan and bring to a boil, cut 1 lemon in half 1 bay leaf.
- Remove from heat and let cool in its cooking water. Cut it diagonally season it with salt and pepper. Then marinate the in olive oil with rosemary and garlic for 3 or 4 days.
Preparation of chickpeas:
- Soak the chickpeas with baking soda and salt in water and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Put them into salted water (cold start). At the first boil, reduce heat to low and cook 1:30.
Dressing: Heat the chickpeas with diced tomatoes, add the spring onions finely chopped, salt, pepper, a dash of black balsamic, 1 dash of lemon and fresh cilantro. Meanwhile, reheat in a saucepan the octopus mix then drain. Place the chickpeas in center of plate and top with warm octopus. Garnish the plate with three leaves of lettuce, some croutons and green olives.
You'll also love
- Green Olives in Brine 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Meat Curry 4.7/5 (97 Votes)
- Melted Vegetables 3.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad with Sunflower Seeds 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Mom's aloo tikian with chole... 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- CREAMY GARLIC & CHEESE DIP/DRESSING 2.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Hot sandwiches 3.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Mimi's chicken stew 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!