By Lemaitre Jarry
Vegetable medley. Discover our recipe.
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 oz (about 1 cup chopped) onion
- 14 oz (2 1/2 cups chopped) carrots
- 1 pound (about 2 3/4 cup chopped) zucchini
- 1 1/4 lbs (3 1/4 cups chopped) of tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green peppers
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash vegetables, peel the onions, carrots, remove seeds from peppers, stem tomatoes. Cut onions into small cubes.
Gently heat the olive oil in a frying pan and throw in the onions. During cooking the onions, cut carrots into cubes and add to the onions, allow to melt. Stir often.
Proceed similarly for the zucchini.
Cut peppers into small cubes and add to mixture. Proceed similarly for tomatoes. Mix. Add salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. If too much juice: cook uncovered. Adjust seasoning and serve hot.
This mixture of vegetables can be served: On a plate to accompany fish, or scallops .... Cold as a starter, molded in circles. Mixed with eggs like a quiche and baked with a pastry bottom (as pictured).
You'll also love
- Vegetables Flavored with Argan Oil 3.7/5 (10 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD 2.7/5 (20 Votes)
- CANNED CORNBEEF AND ONIONS 3.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Country Ham Sandwich 3/5 (17 Votes)
- FRENCH ONION SOUP 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Bruschetta 3.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Lamb chops and carrots with orange 3/5 (17 Votes)
- Zucchini and Feta Bread 3.4/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tired of not knowing the best way to chop onion? Our video shows you the easiest way to cut an onion. Master this technique and you'll never shed another tear while chopping onions!