The best vegan rice pudding recipes - 3 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: traditional rice pudding
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Vegan rice pudding recipes
"This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
STAR WARS recipe: Darth Vader cookies that will take you to the dark side of delicious
By Nadia - Paprikas
Get our easy step-by-step recipe!
Boil the milk with in a thick-bottomed deep vessel; let the milk evaporate to ¾ of its original quantity
- Basmati rice – ½ cup (washed and kept in a dry vessel)
- Milk – 1 liter
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Chopped dry fruits: (optional)
- Cashew Nut – 10
- Raisin – 10
- Almond – 5
- Rose syrup – 1tsp (optional)
Top 20 pastries from around the world
It was a TOUGH job, but somebody had to do it. Here we've rounded up 20 TOP world pastries on INSTAGRAM to give your sweet tooth wanderlust.
Coconut Pistachio Rice Pudding
1. In a large saucepan, combine coconut milk, soy milk, and sugar, and bring almost to boil, stirring to dissolve ...
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk -- (13.5-ounce)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom -- or allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts -- coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut