Spicy Air Fryer Honey-Lime Buffalo Wings
Traditional buffalo wings are made with hot sauce and deep fried into crunchy, golden deliciousness. We were skeptical about making them in the air fryer, but they turned out astoundingly crisp and juicy. Here's our zesty, sweet & spicy take on the classic buffalo wing.
Warning: There won't be any leftovers, so make sure you cook a big batch!
- 2 lbs chicken wings (mix of drummettes and wingettes)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Chile 'N Lime Sauce*
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 jalapeno minced finely (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing to serve
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Lightly oil air fryer basket or coat with cooking spray.
Pat the wings dry, and season with salt and pepper.
Add the baking powder to a large bowl and toss the wings in it until coated.
Add the chicken wings to the air fryer, and select the chicken function. Set the temperature to 400°F for 15 minutes (no need to pre-heat the air fryer).
When the 15 minutes are up, flip the wings with tongs.
Let cook for about 5 more minutes or until the skin is nicely browned and crispy. Do this in batches if necessary, to avoid overcrowding the air fryer.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
Let the sauce simmer until thickened, stirring often, about 8-10 minutes.
Toss the cooked chicken wings with the sauce until coated all over.
Serve with carrots, celery, dip of your choice and a nice, cold beer!
You'll also love
- Duck breast with Raspberry marinade 2.9/5 (214 Votes)
- Low Fat Mushroom Soup 4.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Turkey Jerky 4.1/5 (87 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Green Chile... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Nuts Rava Upma 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Garlic Juice 2.9/5 (183 Votes)
- Baked Cauliflower with Buffalo... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.