- 12 oz fresh salmon
- 2 avocados
- 1 cucumber
- 18 pitted olives
- 1 tub Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of mixed herbs (dill
- mint or cilantro
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Wash herbs, pat dry and chop. Mix the herbs with yogurt. Whisk olive oil and lemon juice.
Peel and seed cucumber. Prepare avocado. Dice, cucumber, avocado and fresh salmon and olives. Mix with 2 tablespoons of lemon-oil sauce. Chill at least 1 hour.
Toss just before serving, mix the remaining lemon oil and crushed pink peppercorns in yogurt sauce. Salt and pepper. Add the diced salmon and vegetables.
Form tartar with the assistance of a circle mold of about 3-4 inches, on serving plates. Garnish with fresh herbs, a slice of tomato, or black olives.
Serve with salad or with a mixture of wild rice.
You'll also love
- Green salad with salmon and avocado 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Quinoa Potato Cakes 2.8/5 (170 Votes)
- Seafood chutney 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Snake gourd Raitha 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Creamy Sunrise 4.8/5 (38 Votes)
- Middle Eastern Style Cucumber... 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Pastry Covered Salmon and Scallops... 3.7/5 (109 Votes)
- Homemade Cold Packed Pickles 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!