- Zucchini + candied figs
- Mango chutney
- Plum jam (which we have added some cumin seeds, coriander, cloves, cinnamon)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut zucchini into chunks of 4 or 5 cm.
Place chunks in a very hot pan with no fat for 2 minutes on each end (lay flat, cut side down) then
Add a small teaspoon of figs/ chutney / jam, on each end before caramelizing.
Cook a good two minutes on each side.
To die for!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!