russian deviled eggs
Here is a Russian twist on the traditional deviled eggs..
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 generous tablespoons fat free or light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat free or light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- A small jar of red or black caviar (I think I used a total of about 3 tablespoons of caviar for this recipe)
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
- Peel the eggs and cut lengthwise into halves.
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Take out the yolks and mash well together with the mayo, mustard, sour cream and salt. Start with a fork and you can use a blender to finish mixing it into a nice lump-free homogeneous mixture.
Return the mixture back into the empty egg halves. You can use just a teaspoon, or any utensil you might employ to pipe filling or decorate a cake.
Once all the eggs are filled with the filling (you may not use it all up), spoon a little bit of the caviar on top of each one.
Garnish by sprinkling fresh dill over the eggs and enjoy!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!