Spicy Apple and Chicken Panini
This delicious sandwich has the goodness of apples , chicken, bacon, and caramelized onions with a kick from pepper jack and chipotle for a burst of flavor in every bite
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large sweet onions very thinly sliced
- pinch salt
- dash pepper
- 1 unpeeled large Red apple, thinly sliced
- 8 slices of bread
- Chipotle ranch dressing
- 12 slices rotisserie chicken deli slices
- 4 slices cooked bacon (cut in half)
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
In 12-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove onions from skillet. set aside.
Meanwhile, in same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the apple slices to the skillet; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apple is slightly soft.
Drizzle a little olive oil on 4 slices of bread. Place on preheated skillet or panini press. Spread the chipotle dressing on inner bread, then spread onion mixture on each slice. Top with apples, chicken, bacon, cheeses, and more chipotle on the inside of the remaining bread. Place on sandwich and drizzle a little olive oil on the slices of bread.
Grill on panini press 10 minutes (or use a skillet to cook, flipping once) or until cheese is melted and sandwich is golden brown.
you can omit the pepper jack or use normal ranch dressing for less heat if desired
You'll also love
- Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Kaylees Grilled Cheese 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Simmered carrots in sweet/spicy... 2.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Risotto with shrimp 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Italian Meat Pie (makes 2 pies) 2.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Snack Attack 2.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Corn Salsa like Chipotle makes it 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Butter 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.