Mexican Egg Casserole
- 6 eggs
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 pound crumbled cooked sausage
- 8 oz sharp cheese
- 8 oz Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 8 oz Velveeta
- 1 cup salsa
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350F
Puree Eggs and sour cream together in blender for one minute. Pour mixture into casserole dish and bake 7 to 8 minutes. Spread salsa on top of eggs, the add sausage on top of that. In large mixing bowl, combine cheeses.
Place on top of casserole. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream on the side.
To increase the recipe, double or triple the eggs and sour cream. Also double or triple the baking time for the eggs. Do not increase anything else.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.