Curry Roasted Butternut Squash/Broccoli, Chicken, Brown Rice Chopped
- Baking Sheet Ingredients:
- 2 cups Chopped Butternut Squash
- 1 large head of Broccoli
- Chopped into flowerets
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil or melted Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Bowl Ingredients:
- 4 cups Chopped Kale
- 8 oz. Cooked Chicken Breast
- 1 cup cooked Brown Rice
- Barley or Quinoa
- 1/2 Avocado
- Chopped or 1.5 oz. Mild Goat Cheese
- 12 Kalamata Olives
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped roasted Pistachios
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Dried Cranberries
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- finely Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Molasses
- 4 Sun Dried Tomato halves (packed in oil)
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- Zing Factor: Antioxidants abound with these 3 Zing Factors!
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Chia Seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400 degrees for roasting the Butternut Squash and Broccoli.
Baking Sheet Ingredient Prep…Chop’em and Drop’em as directed onto the pan, toss veggies with the oil and sprinkle with S & P. Roast for 15 minutes then turn and roast for about 5 minutes more until caramelized and fork tender. Remove from oven. Let cool while making the dressing. Then add them to a Large Serving Bowl.
Bowl Ingredients…Chop’em and Drop’em as directed into a Large Serving Bowl along with the Roasted Veggies.
Dressing Ingredient Prep: In a small microwave safe bowl and Oil, Garlic, Molasses and Sun Dried Tomato. Microwave on high for 15 seconds. This mellow the Garlic and melts the Molasses and Coconut Oil if used. Add the rest of the ingredients including any desired Zing Factor. Mix well to combine.
Pour the Dressing over the Roasted and Bowl Ingredients. Toss, Toss, then Toss some more! Then
“Get Your Spoons Ready!”
Roast a double amount so you’ll have leftovers for tomorrows Chopped!
You'll also love
- NEW BRUNSWICK STEW 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Winter Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Liver Scottsdale 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Homemade White Chicken Chili 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Potato and Tomato Puree 2.9/5 (35 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Stuffed Avocado 3.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Wild Rice and Chicken Caserrole 3/5 (7 Votes)
- Maple Kale and Fuji Apple Salad... 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.