Scalloped Potatoes with Bacon
These tender creamy potatoes will be the star of any holiday meal. Layered with crisp bacon and tangy Swiss cheese, these potatoes will make your guest swoon.
- 6-8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion
- thinly sliced
- 4 green onions
- 1 lb bacon
- cooked and crumbled
- 3 C Swiss cheese
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 3 C whipping cream
- 1-2 C milk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 150mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish.
Completely cover bottom of casserole dish with one layer of potatoes (overlapping slightly). Season with salt and pepper and 1 tsp fresh thyme.
Sprinkle with thinly sliced onion, 1 C of cheese, 1/3 of the crumbled bacon and 1/3 or the green onions. Repeat layers, but do not season the second layer of
Slowly pour cream around edges of casserole dish to evenly distribute the cream. Slowly add 1-2 C of milk, pouring around edges of potatoes, until liquid comes 3/4 of the way up the potatoes.
Cover and bake for 2 hrs; until potatoes are tender. Remove cover and cook 30 minutes; until the top is bubbly and browned.
Let sit 20 minutes before serving.
If using a mandolin to slice the potatoes, please remember to use the food guard, for safety.
You'll also love
- Mozzarella Bacon Broccoli Salad 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Marcy's Famous Brownies 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Hamburger Pie 4.1/5 (52 Votes)
- Pilgrim Pumpkin Bars 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Grinch Kabobs 4.1/5 (52 Votes)
- Casserole of Scallops and Shrimp... 3.2/5 (149 Votes)
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make that special someone swoon with these adorable, delicious bacon potato roses!