Best Darn Ham Sandwich
These are delicious served hot from the oven
- 2 -12 packages of sweet hawaiian rolls (the small dinner roll looking ones)
- 1 1/2 lbs of virginia ham (NOT honey ham)
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 1 stick of real butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
You will need two 9 x 13 pans. Place the bottoms of 12 rolls in each pan. Place ham (about 2 shaved slices or so) on the rolls. Cut the cheese slices into 4 parts and place 2 small pieces on each sandwich. Put the dinner roll tops on. In a sauce pan, mix butter, worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and poppy seeds. Wait until all butter is melted and then brush the melted mixture over the ham sandwiches. Cover with foil and let sit in fridge for 1 hour or over night. (If you want to bake them right away, you can also.) Preheat oven to 375 and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve. They are great hot and even at room temperature Enjoy!
*I have made these with turkey also and they are good. Not as great as the ham, but they are good.
I skip the poppy seed part
You'll also love
- 'Spicy' Teriyaki Pork or Chicken 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Roast Beef 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Eggplant parmesan 3.3/5 (176 Votes)
- Apple Roquefort Crumble 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Taiwanese Fried Rice 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Sausage Rolls 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
- Jiffy Rolls 3.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Kaylees Grilled Cheese 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.